1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
During your use of this website www.cfcunderwriting.com, and the accompanying websites www.technologyinsuranceblog.com, www.mediainsuranceblog.com, www.recruitmentinsuranceblog.com, www.lifescienceinsuranceblog.com, www.healthcareinsuranceblog.com, www.cfcunderwritingblog.com and www.cfcpromotions.com, collectively known as the "Website", we may collect and process the following data about you or your business:
- Information that you provide by filling in a request form for a newsletter on the Website.
- Information that you provide by contributing to a blog on the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information that you provide when logging into the broker section of the Website.
By using this Website you warrant that you have the relevant consents to pass such information to us and to process such information within the meaning of the Act. We will treat such information in confidence.
Other than as described in the section headed "How we use your data", we will not disclose any such information to third parties except where your or your business' permission has been received or where permitted or required by law or where we are required to pass such information to regulatory bodies.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.You may delete and block all cookies from this Website, but parts of the site will not work.
Sections of the Website use "session cookies" which help us to improve our Website, assist with the navigation through certain parts of the Website, and deliver a better and more personalised service. Session cookies specifically enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page within the Website so you don't get asked for the same information each time you navigate to a new page. They also allow us to recognise you so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page. This cookie is deleted when you leave the Website.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. If you fail to consent to the use of these cookies, the operation of the Website may become severely hampered, to the extent that it may even be unusable.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use information held about you or your business in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide you with our newsletter, where you have requested this.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also share your information with our group companies from time to time.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our Website visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of ourselves, the Website or its visitors.
This Website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
By using this Website you consent to your or your business information being used in this way.
3. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. CONTACT DETAILS
2. ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may without liability restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All material contained on the Website is our property or the property of our third party licensors. All such intellectual property rights in the Website are reserved.
We grant you a limited licence to access any part of the Website you are authorised to access for the sole purpose of obtaining information concerning CFC and the services it offers, and, in relation to brokers using the Website via the broker login, for the sole purpose of reviewing the relevant information in connection with customers for whom brokers act as agent.
You may not use the Website or any of the content for any other purpose whatsoever without our express written permission.
You may not:
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in material on the Website; or
- modify or alter all or any part of the Website or any materials contained on the Website without our prior written agreement; other than for the purpose of reasonable personal use.
4. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR WEBSITE
5. RESTRICTIONS ON USE
As a condition of your use of this Website you agree that you will not:
- reverse engineer or decompile (whether in whole or in part) any software at the Website (save to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law);
- enter those parts of the Website that are protected by password unless you have, and are entitled to use, a valid password;
- publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit, information or pictures that are obscene or pornographic onto the Website;
- use threatening, menacing, racist, offensive, defamatory, libellous, slanderous or otherwise unlawful language on the Website;
- upload anything to the Website that contains software or other materials in breach of any intellectual property rights or in breach of confidence; or
- engage in any behaviour intended to inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website or is otherwise likely to damage or destroy the reputation of the Website, including, without limitation, hacking into the Website, delivering viruses or forwarding chain letters, surveys, contests or pyramid schemes.
6. LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and in accordance with your local law and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, or suggest that our Website or any part of it is owned by you.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.